A Weed Whacker has various names: String Trimmer, Garden String Trimmer, Tree Pruner, Brush Cutter, Weed Eater, etc. As other articles have aptly pointed out, Trees And Trim in Rivonia these versatile garden tools come with various cc-power levels, electric versus gasoline, and 2-stroke versus 4-stroke capabilities. But what has not been addressed is the use of a “BLADE” on such a tool for all the versatile work a blade can perform in the garden environment.
ADDED VERSATILITY AND USES WITH A BLADE:
A circular saw Blade specifically made for and attached to a Weed Whacker gives the following versatility uses in the garden environment:
1. Tree trimming (aka Pruning) which in many cases actually works better than using a cumbersome heavy chain saw for pruning since the circular blade can be wielded at the end of a lighter longer 6 foot Weed Whacker shaft for reaching up into trees. Dead Tree Removal Cost Such a blade can typically cut a tree branch/ limb up to the diameter of the blade provided you cut from both sides of the limb.
2. A blade can be used for clearing large patches or even acreage of heavy thick wood stock brush and sticker brambles (aka: Blackberry sticker bushes) where a common string line spool would be much too weak to cut through adequately.
3. Hedge trimming is a dream with a blade attached to a Weed Whacker; the hedging action is faster and less jagged as compared to a standard hedging tool. So in conclusion, a blade attached to a Weed Whacker augments your common standard string trimmer into a full-on chain saw, hedge trimmer, and large acreage clearer of wood stock weed, saplings, and heavy tall growth brambles (ergo, Black Berry bushes).
BLADE HARDWARE, ARBOR HOLE MATCHING:
Each Weed Whacker on the market is different and so each owner of their particular Weed Whacker will have to contact their respective Weed Whacker Manufacturer to inquire about BLADE attachment hardware. Most electric-powered versions are UNDER powered for handling a Blade so will probably NOT have blade attachment hardware available. On the other hand, most gasoline powered Weed Whacker’s will have Blade attachment hardware available. Blade attachment hardware normally consists of a standard blade guard along with a few small metal parts that fit on (slide onto) the little threaded shaft that the String Spool screws onto. These little pieces of hardware will consist of the lower part that will have a raised circle about the size of a common 25 cent piece (quarter) or as small as a nickel (5 cent piece). Stump Removal Options this raised circle is how the hole in the center of the Blade fits on, then the upper part hardware piece variously called “the cap piece” is applied on the top of the blade, then a nut that is screwed on top of the cap, followed by a cotter pin.
Tree Cutting DIY Guide
3. Eighty (80) to one hundred (100) TEETH Blade: This is the highest level in the Weed Whacker Blade choices. It should be clear now that the more teeth you have cutting, the more aggregate cutting surface area you are applying to the job at hand. In addition, an 80 tooth blade costs more money to make as compared to a blade with half as many cutting teeth as mentioned in (2) above (40 teeth). But the cost is not typically much more if at all for having 80 teeth over 40 teeth. The 80 plus teeth blade offers the most versatility, stays sharper longer and is the best value for the buck. The 100 teeth type blade is the absolute best value since if offers 25% more cutting surface area (teeth) over an 80 tooth blade.
The one main consideration is that the typical 80 tooth blade comes in 8 inch diameter that fits with the safety blade guard ON your Weed Whacker, and the 100 tooth type blade is normally 9 to 10 inch in diameter and therefore will not allow a blade guard to fit. We recommend that the maximum size diameter blade be limited to 9 inches unless you have a very powerful Weed Whacker, otherwise the large circumference of the largest blades can bog down the motor. So in conclusion: 8″ and 9″ diameter blades are best, offer the most aggregate cutting surface, therefore stay sharper longer, and offer the most versatility of jobs in the garden. NOTE: We think Carbide teeth are so worth the small extra purchase cost that we would say a 40 tooth carbide blade would be recommended over an 80 tooth plain steel any day of the week. But the 80 tooth or 100 tooth blade with Carbide Teeth is the absolute best there is.
Trees And Trim in Rivonia ?
How to properly grind down a tree stump the right way with a stump grinding machine. There are several sizes of stump grinding machines, from the smaller units that you can fit onto your back, and carry up a slope or hill, and grind down medium to small size tree stumps. And then there are medium size stump grinders, that you can generally rent from your local rental yard store. Then their are bigger size machines, that need more room, and usually charge more, but can do them faster. You also have giant size machines that can blow you away, if you can find a clip on YouTube or cable television.
We will assume you are going to do it yourself, and you rent a standard size 13hp stump grinding machine. The front of the machine has a blade almost like a circular saw, but with carbide teeth. These teeth are very hard, and if you want to grind them down yourself, you need a green grinding wheel to do that.
The one of the biggest hazards of stump grinding, is one of the teeth can fly out, and I own 2 stump grinding machines, with a small part time stump grinding business in San Diego. And I have saw what a stump grinding tooth can do when it comes out. The guard over my machine, is metal, and the strait tooth shot right threw the metal, and it was a perfect square, with protruding metal, just like a bullet hole. So you have to make sure the teeth are totally tight. Check for any loose teeth, and best to tighten each one, especially if it is a rental, the guy at the shop might not be the brightest light in the shed, so take it open yourself, the teeth coming out is the most dangerous thing just about.
So thinking you are saving money by renting a machine for $125 and doing it yourself, you might want to think again. We are loaded and ready to go pretty quick most of the time. If a contractor is putting in a new fence, or sidewalk, he usually can't do it with stumps in the way, and needs it done quick, but we charge the price of renting a machine, and since we are cheaper than anyone we believe, and will beat any price, if they just ask us, or offer us a price to do a certain job, I don't usually say no, and veterans get a better deal, 10% off.
You can see what an average stump grinder looks like at Discount Stump Grinding.
The mulch and saw dust you have afterwords, is great for the yard, is biodegradable, and if mixed properly, is great soil amendment, and looks great around bushes and shrubs. A stump will usually make about 3 times the size of mulch or sawdust, so you will get a lot.
Tree Trimming - Cherry Trees
Trees are a complement to landscaping design. They require maintenance and good care as an integral part of landscaping features. The provide the landscape design varying heights, excellent shading and are also apt for additional designs such as fixing lights on the branches. If you wish to maintain a perfect natural environment around your business or home, keep them safe from pest and disease.
The main maintenance practice depends on the trimming or pruning. These involve cutting of the branches parts and twigs. Hiring an arborist is helpful for trimming as he knows the maintenance and growth needs of varieties to perform excellent maintenance.
Tree Trimming, what it does
· Prevents pests and spread of disease: Tree trimming is essential to prevent the pests and diseases from spreading. A few branches found infested can be treated by trimming and thus the diseases may be prevented from spreading. It is necessary to trim regularly so that healthy tree population is maintained; thereby the spread of disease is prevented.
Tree Pruning, what it does
· Tree health: Trees containing diseases or dead branches should be removed. The branches may have lacked sunlight or must be damaged due to storm or pests, thus removing them are the best.
· Safety: Large branches hovering on your car, home or the play area of children and so removing eliminates the risk of branches falling.
· Aesthetic fashion: Pruning allows shaping and directing growth that it looks healthy and full. Trees are admired when it looks healthy, so hire a professional to ensure aesthetic fashion to look best.