How To Do The Best Tree Cutting Techniques or Tree Trimming ?
Cutting down a tree isn’t as simple as just whacking away at it with an ax. There are specific techniques that need to be followed in order to preserve the wood and ensure the safety of the people cutting down the tree. In order to predict how a tree will fall Tree Trimming in Morningside, the cutter will need to determine the right type of cut to use. There are three main notch types that individuals can use during tree cutting. They are the open-faced notch, the conventional notch and the Humboldt notch.
The Open-Faced Notch
The open-faced notch is ideal for trees that require a high level of accuracy. If the individual is cutting in a tight spot, where accuracy is extremely important, the open-faced notch is the safest notch to use. In this notch, a large, sideways V is cut into the side of the tree. It is a heavily angled notch. The first cut goes in a downwards motion of at least 70 degrees. The bottom cut goes in at a 20 degree upward angle. Then, a small horizontal cut will be made on the back of the tree, meeting the point in the V. The only downside to this notch, other than the additional time required, is the cutter will need to remove the hinge, so there will be a small amount of wood lost.
The Conventional Notch
The conventional notch is named that way because it is the most common type of notch used. It is the preferred method among loggers and tree removal specialists because it is fast and safe at the same time. It still allows a certain amount of accuracy, though not as much as the open-faced notch. In this notch, the top cut goes in at an angle, while the bottom cut is horizontal.
The Humboldt Notch
The Humboldt notch is another common notch when cutting trees. In this notch, the top cut is made horizontal, while the bottom goes in at an upward angle. In this notch, the kickback over the stump might be larger, so it is not ideal for leaning trees. However, this notch does save a lot of wood, so when the tree is being cut for the purpose of using the wood, then the Humboldt notch is a good choice to make.
In tree cutting, it is important to fully evaluate the type of cut prior to getting started. In all cases, the safest possible cut should be used for the purpose of getting the tree down safely and accurately. For most individuals, this will mean using the open-faced cut in order to get the tree down. However, the individual will need to consider the way the tree is leaning, the health of the overall tree, the obstacles in the tree’s way and the size of the tree. In most cases, it is best to cut the tree in a way that goes along with the natural way the tree leans. This isn’t always possible. In cases, where the tree is leaning in a way that it can’t be allowed to fall, non professionals should consult with a tree removal service in order to make sure the tree cutting is carried out as safely as possible.
Interesting Facts About Tree Trimming in Sunninghill:
About Tree Trimming in Sunninghill:
If we really care about the CO2 in the atmosphere then we need to cut down less trees and re-plant those we have already taken out, then plant another 6 Billion more, yes that is a Billion with a "B". Land Clearing, deforestation and other issues is a huge calamity.
Of we read Jared; "Collapse" one thing he mentioned in his book was; "Wonder what the inhabitants of Easter Island were thinking when they cut down the last tree?" And today in Bangladesh, we know. On the Olympia Peninsula in Washington state, and along the OR, CA coastlines, lots of clear cutting and Checkerboard cutting in Canada for the last US Housing Boom.
We need to be thinking here that is if we are really interested in Global Warming and the future? I certainly hope this article is of interest and that is has propelled thought. The goal is simple; to help you in your quest to be the best in 2007. I thank you for reading my many articles on diverse subjects, which interest you.
Tree Trimming in Sunninghill
Trees are a complement to landscaping design. They require maintenance and good care as an integral part of landscaping features. The provide the landscape design varying heights, excellent shading and are also apt for additional designs such as fixing lights on the branches. If you wish to maintain a perfect natural environment around your business or home, keep them safe from pest and disease.
The main maintenance practice depends on the trimming or pruning. These involve cutting of the branches parts and twigs. Hiring an arborist is helpful for trimming as he knows the maintenance and growth needs of varieties to perform excellent maintenance.
Tree Trimming, what it does
· Prevents pests and spread of disease: Tree trimming is essential to prevent the pests and diseases from spreading. A few branches found infested can be treated by trimming and thus the diseases may be prevented from spreading. It is necessary to trim regularly so that healthy tree population is maintained; thereby the spread of disease is prevented.
Tree Pruning, what it does
· Tree health: Trees containing diseases or dead branches should be removed. The branches may have lacked sunlight or must be damaged due to storm or pests, thus removing them are the best.
· Safety: Large branches hovering on your car, home or the play area of children and so removing eliminates the risk of branches falling.
· Aesthetic fashion: Pruning allows shaping and directing growth that it looks healthy and full. Trees are admired when it looks healthy, so hire a professional to ensure aesthetic fashion to look best.
Cutting Trees and Shrubs
More people have been realizing the value of DIY know-how - especially when it comes to maintaining the health of their trees! From planting to mulching and everything in between, people have really starting to exercise their green thumbs. Yet when it comes to tree -trimming, it's best to have a key set of tips under your belt before you start wielding those pruning tools; after all, one wrong move, and you can kiss that beautiful tree good-bye!
Here's what you need to know about successful DIY tree-trimming:
Safety First. Before you get started, it's important to protect yourself from any possible injuries, even if you're trimming a smaller tree. Remember to always wear a pair of goggles (this will prevent splinters from getting into your eyes), thick pruning gloves and a helmet. Additionally, make sure that any ladder you use is sturdy and firmly rooted on the ground - otherwise, you could seriously injury yourself in a fall. After all, your tree-trimming efforts will go to waste if you end up in the hospital!
Whether your tree trimming in Twin Falls Idaho or anywhere else the process is not that difficult. If you are not sure whether you can do it yourself consider hiring a certified arborist as the expense is insignificant when compared to the immediate results.
- Palm Tree Trimming JHB
- Tree Trimming And Removal Boksburg
- Tree Trimming Tools Soweto
- Trimming Tree Branches South Africa
- Tree Trimming Equipment Edenvale
- Trimming Oak Trees Sunninghill
- Trimming Large Trees Benoni
- Trees And Trim Rivonia
- Trimming Maple Trees Johannesburg
- Affordable Tree Trimming Benoni
- Tree Trimming Disposal Northgate
- Trimming Pine Trees Northcliff
- Tree Trimming Removal Midrand
- Residential Tree Trimming Florida
- Tree Trimming Estimates Midrand
- Tree And Bush Trimming Duxberry
- City Tree Trimming Edenvale
- Proper Tree Trimming Parkmore
- Tree Trimming Contractors Parkmore
- Trimming Apple Trees Benoni
- Tree Trimming Tips Germiston
- Trimming Fruit Trees Westcliff
- Trim Your Tree Douglasdale
- Tree And Shrub Trimming Sandhurst